Friday 25 March 2016

Planning Your Wedding? Ask Questions First


 


On the exterior wall of the elementary school that I attended (many years ago) was an engraved sign that read, ‘Knowledge Is Power.’  I remember that message even today as I research the wedding industry trends, hear of successful wedding events coordinated by other peers and focus on my client’s sophisticated, creative and memorable weddings.  The recent article written by Danielle Rothweiler, contributing writer at  The Huffington Post, was delivered to me via email this morning.  Her article, ‘What To (Really) Ask Your Potential Wedding Planner,’ reminded me of the sign that I saw every weekday for 5 years.
Danielle’s topic is timely, informative and insightful for those couples looking for help (professionals) as they plan their wedding celebration.  Her ten frequently asked ‘questions & answers’ range from wedding packages to finding the right wedding planner for your day.  The three topics that hit home for myself are #3 – venue, #4 – receive a commission, #5 – experience.
In your search to find businesses, I suggest:  find a wedding planner that is willing to research venues within the county of where you want your ceremony.  Having knowledge of the venues with current pictures and the activities happening before, during and after your wedding date, will be an asset to yourself and your guests.  My Preferred Vendor List reflects local businesses that provide exceptional service, arrive on-time and respond to emails and phone calls in a timely fashion.  I don’t accept referral payments or kick-backs when I refer a client. But, I do ask those professionals on my list to work with me to provide a calm, relaxed, non-drama day.  Finding a wedding planner that sees and understands your vision will not only save you time and stress, they will focus on you.
Like these ideas?? Let me know by “Liking” this post and or leaving a comment. I’d love to hear from you!
For more ideas and tips, follow me on my Facebook page! Lisa Kenward Events
Want to copy my post in your newsletter, blog or website? You can as long as you include: “Hilton Head Island, South Carolina (and surrounding areas) Professional Wedding Planner, Lisa Kenward, writes the “Southern Weddings Blog” with her perspective on current topics for weddings and special events. 

_____________

1 comment: